Please check docs.livewhale.com for the most up-to-date LiveWhale CMS and LiveWhale Calendar documentation. The below legacy documentation will remain available as a reference until the documentation migration is complete.
Adding a user
- From the LiveWhale interface, access the Groups page
- It's best to place a user in the group where you expect they will do the majority of their work. Choose the group where the user should be added. Add a user to a group by clicking on the Add User beside the group.
- Enter the user's first name and last name
- Enter the username of the user (match according to authentication source if not using manually created accounts)
- Enter a password for the user account
- Enter the user's email address
- By default the user will not receive email notifications. Check the box and select which type of notices to receive via email.
- All notifications - includes notes, bulletins, suggested items
- Important notifications only - includes notes, bulletins, suggested items, etc..
- The user can be a member of multiple groups by entering additional directories under the Additional Page Editing Permissions field
- Module permissions can be granted to a user giving them access to various content types. (See details on Setting User Permissions)
- Click Save this user when finished