- Login to your LiveWhale interface
- If you are an administrator, click the Templates link in your superpowers toolbar
- Make any changes to your template. One way you can do this is by clicking the template name and click edit this page, then click Edit Source make your changes and then Save and publish.
- To push your changes to your template's child page click Republish this template
What you should know about republishing templates.
- Placeholder content will not be pushed to your child pages, only new pages created from the template will contain placeholder content. This is a safety feature, in which only the new editable regions <div> will push to child pages but not the placeholder content inside them.
- The homepage is a special case and will not be affected by the republishing of templates feature. This feature is to eliminate any accidents of pushing content to the homepage.
- If you want to push out content to your child pages you may insert content outside the editable regions. For example, if you want to push a widget to all of your child pages, add the widget outside of the "editable" sections and your widget will be pushed to all of your child pages after you click "Republish this template".
What is happening behind the scenes?
The republishing process works like this....
- Parent template is cloned.
- Child page editable content is pasted into the clone’s editable elements.
- Child page is replaced with this new clone.