Use these simple steps to enable your LiveWhale Instagram widgets.
Configuring your LiveWhale to access Instagram and subsequently display images via Instagram widgets on your site requires a simple configuration setup on your part. Below, we'll help you to create a Instagram client ID (1.5.x).
* Note: You need to have a Instagram account to be able to get a client ID (1.5.x) *
Follow these simple steps to get your own key.
- Login if your not already.
- Go to the Instagram Developer page.
- Click on Register your application.
- If you don’t already have a application registered, you will now see a form to register a new one. If you instead see a list of clients, click the Register new client at the top right.
- Set application name to your websites name
- Type in a description, something like "Registering to get a client ID to use LiveWhale Instagram widget”
- Add the url of you site on the two last fields.
- When configuring the client, make sure to enable “public_content” under the “Permissions” tab.
- Hit register.
- Click Manage clients in the top menu and you will now see you new client in the list and a client id, client secret and more.
- For LiveWhale 1.5.x: Copy the client_id and paste it in your global.config.php file under
- Save and you are ready to use the Instagram API