Use these simple steps to enable your LiveWhale Facebook widgets.
Configuring your LiveWhale to access Facebook and subsequently display Facebook posts on your site requires a simple one-time configuration setup on your part.
- Go to the above URL and log in. This application is tied to the account you provide here, so we recommend using an institutional Facebook account rather than a personal one, so that it lives on beyond you.
- Create a new app (Apps -> Create a New App)
- Enter a display name, namespace (optional), and select a category
- Enter the reCaptcha and submit.
- Use the following website to retrieve your facebook access token by replacing [APP ID] and [APP SECRET below with the app id and app secret you receive from facebook: https://graph.facebook.com/oauth/access_token?client_id=[APP ID]&client_secret=[APP SECRET]&grant_type=client_credentials
- Once you receive your Facebook access token, go to your /clients/global.config.php file to add the Facebook-supplied value.
- Once you save, you can begin to utilize Facebook widgets across your site.
- The Facebook widget contains a new widget argument, show_owner_only, that allows you to show only posts made by the wall owner.
If you are at all concerned about editing your global.config.php file, please just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help.