The following example will show how we create office locations as Places. Then, we will create a blurb type of locations that contains multiple blurb items depicting each office location. We will tag each blurb item and pull each one through a Places Widget in the example below.
Step 1: Create a Place(s)
- Click on the "Places" link
- Give your Place a Title
- Enter a address or Landmark in the Location field and click "Find"
- Tip: You may drag the pin-point marker to an exact location (ex., building)
- Click "Save this Place"
- Repeat this step if you would like to create multiple places and reference them for future use.
Step 2: Create a Blurb Type
- Click on the "Blurbs" Tab
- From the "Manage Blurb Types" screen click on the blue "Add new blurb type" button
- Enter a name for your "Blurb Type" (ex. Locations)
- Click on "Save this blurb type"
Step 3: Create Blurb Items
- Click into your "Blurb Type" that you created above (ex., Locations) from the "Manage Blurb Types" screen
- Click on the "Add a new blurb" button
- Enter a Blurb Title
- Enter content into the "Blurb Body" (images, paragraphs, etc..)
- From "Plot this blurb on a map?", type in your office location or click on the "Show all places" to select your "Place" that you created in Step 1.
- Tip: Create a tag for these office locations for better filtering in Step 4.
Step 4: Create a Places Widget
- Click on the "Widget" link at the top of your screen
- From the "Widget Library" click "Add new widget"
- Enter a name for your widget (ex., White Whale Map)
- Under "Type" select "Places" from the drop-down menu
- Choose "blurbs" under the "Limit items to type(s)" option
- You may specify the group(s) to include
- Adjusting the zoom, width, height may be warranted to give you the look you want to achieve.
- From "Show items tagged with", you may include the tag that you specified for each blurb item in Step 3
- Click "Save this widget" when you are finished.
This is the widget code that reflects the above map