Groups in LiveWhale possess their own independent pool of content, shared among its users.
Groups are the unit of measure for the management of content in LiveWhale. Groups are most often associated with department, office or organization web sites, like Physics, but need not be, like the Home Page group.
- From the LiveWhale interface, access the Groups page
- If you are adding a new group, Click Add a New Group. Else, select a group to edit
- Enter a name for this group (this field is required)
- Specify the Group Directory path if it should differ from the name entered.
- Under the section labeled Group Page Editing Permissions you can add paths to pages or directories allowing this group permissions to edit.
- You can set access to templates to use when creating new pages by providing the path to the template or directory under the Group Template Permissions field.
- You can specify default contact information for the group by entering content under the fields labeled Story Contact Information or Events Contact Information.
- For any of the modules that possess widget details templates, you may enter default templates (landing page) for this group under the fields labeled Events URL", “Stories URL", "Profiles URL", etc.
- Default Social Media accounts such as Twitter and Facebook account can be set in the group form to be used with Facebook and Twitter widgets and feeds.
- Groups can also be configured to accept payments (See Payments)
- Click the Save Group button when you are done.