- From the LiveWhale interface, click the “News” tab.
- Locate and click the news story to edit.
- Under the section labeled “Images” you may attach images to this news story. Images are taken from your group’s image library.
- Choose an existing image from your image library, by clicking “Select from your image library”. This will open an interface allowing you to search for and select images to attach to this news story. Enter your search terms in the text field labeled “Find images by keyword” and the resulting images will display. You may restrict results by date using the drop-down menu.
- Images shared from other groups will be labeled with a globe icon. If you want to filter out images shared from other groups, uncheck the box labeled “Include shared images”.
- Select or deselect images by clicking on them in this list. Selected images will appear in the box on the right side where you may enter an optional caption. When done, click “Done making changes”.
- If you want to upload a new image to attach to this news story, click “Add images from your computer”. Select the images you wish to upload. When they have finished uploading, you will have the opportunity to enter a title and keywords for each image. When done, click “Add images to library”. Newly uploaded images will be added to the image library and attached to this news story.
- If you want to attach an existing gallery to this story, click “Use an existing gallery”. Enter your search terms in the text field labeled “Find galleries by keyword” and the resulting galleries will display. Click on the gallery you wish to use and select “Select this gallery”.
Note: Once an image has been attached, you can customize the thumbnail that will be used by this story. To do so, navigate to the image that you wish to create the thumbnail from, then click the “Use this image for this story’s thumbnail” button. Select the portion of the image you want to generate the thumbnail from and click “Use This Thumbnail”.