Please check docs.livewhale.com for the most up-to-date LiveWhale CMS and LiveWhale Calendar documentation. The below legacy documentation will remain available as a reference until the documentation migration is complete.
- From the LiveWhale interface, click the “News” tab, the manage news screen will list all news stories in your group.
- Use checkboxes to select news stories and use drop-down menu to perform bulk actions. Actions include: delete, remove tags, remove balloons, move to archive, add star, remove star, share, unshare, set status, and add tag.
- Click on the star to flag the news item as “big news”. These items can be highlighted on your web page, or you may choose to only display starred news with your widget. Starred news will also appear as important to other groups on the news sharing page.
- Click on the Status drop-down to update the status of a news story by selecting Live or Hidden
- Click the preview link to view the news story
- External news items will display a small link icon before the headline. If the link appears to be broken, the link will display broken and highlighted in red.
- Move news items to the archive, where it will not be shown on the public web site by default by selecting “Archive now
- Balloons allow you to rank your news items according to their importance. The more balloons, the higher the news item appears in news lists on your web site. Click the gray balloon to add more, and click on the red balloons to drop them back down in the list. When an item reaches the maximum ten balloons, it will become a gold balloon.
- A list of tags will appear beside the title. Clicking a tag will tell the news manager to only show stories with that tag.
- A message saying “Your changes to this page have not been saved” will be displayed. Click the “Save These Changes” button to save the changes you have made.