- From the LiveWhale interface, click the “Pages” tab.
- If you have not yet created a navigation for your group, you will be prompted to create one for the first time
- To create a new navigation, enter a title, a web root relative path to the home directory of the navigation (containing pages to be added to this navigation), and check the main navigation checkbox. Marking a navigation as the main navigation will ensure that it displays by default when clicking the “Pages” tab. Click “Save these changes” to save your new navigation.
- The navigation screen previews your navigation similar to how it would display on the public web site.
- On the navigation screen, the navigation’s home directory, id, and edit details link (used to change the title or home directory) are listed along the top.
- Use “create a new navigation” link to add an additional navigation. If your group already has more than one navigation, a drop-down will appear, allowing you to switch between them. (see #6 above)
- To add items to your navigation, click “Add a top-level page or link”. (see #7 above)
- Using the drop-down menu choose one of the navigation options. You may also click the link to create a new page and automatically add it to the menu. Once you’ve made a selection and filled out any additional fields, click the button to save your new item, and it will be added to the navigation. (see #8 above)
- To add a new navigation item as a submenu item, beneath an existing one, click “Add sub-link” next to the item that should contain your new entry, and follow the same steps. (see #9 above)
- To rename a menu item, click the “Rename” link to the right of its title.
- To hide a menu item, click the “Hide” link to toggle its visibility.
- To remove a menu item entirely, click the “Remove” link.
- The reorder menu items, use the crosshairs icon to drag the menu item to its new position.
- When changes have been made to your navigation, a save button will appear allowing you to save your changes.
Our documentation is moving: docs.livewhale.com
Please check docs.livewhale.com for the most up-to-date LiveWhale CMS and LiveWhale Calendar documentation. The below legacy documentation will remain available as a reference until the documentation migration is complete.
Adding/editing a navigation