1. Download and Install the Advanced Custom Fields Wordpress plugin
2. Activate the plugin from Wordpress through the administrator dashboard
3. Access the Custom Fields from the navigation and click the Add New button
4. Create LiveWhale Calendar admin options by adding fields to the new field group and include Location rules to determine which edit screens will use these advanced custom fields.
5. Next, click Export and highlight the field group and click the Export to PHP button and the plugin will generate the code.
6. Once you click the Export to PHP, you will be taken to a screen with the generated php code. Copy and paste the code into your master functions.php file if you want to apply it to all themes in a multisite site.
7. The next step is the PHP code that constructs the actual widget code that pulls events from LiveWhale. This file, content-events-inline-list.php, should be placed under your theme folder.
8. Then within your page template, include this line of code to include the above.
<?php get_template_part( 'content', 'events-inline-list' ); ?>
9. Finally, create an events widget through LiveWhale. This widget will get called by its ID from the WordPress code. Line #40 of the content-events-inline-list.php file, is the line of code that calls the events widget by the ID. You will need to update this line to reflect your url to your calendar and the ID number of your widget.