Most content can be shared between groups. For example, if the biology group creates a news story about an award won by one of their professors, a communications group might copy the story and customize it for a press release.
Content can be suggested to you by other groups but you may actively seek out content that you are interested in.
- If you are looking for a specific type of content, click the tab for that content type. A “Find” link will appear as a submenu beneath the tab (for example, “Find News”).
- If you are searching for any type of content matching some search terms, simply use the search box available to you at the top right corner of the screen. (This will search your own content initially.)
- Items available for sharing will appear in the list, if any were found.
- You can modify the search using the search options
- Use the text field to change any search terms you may have used.
- Under the section labeled “Show”, choose whether you want to search your own content, content shared by others, and/or starred content only.
- Use the “Content types” section to select the types of content you are looking for.
- When you have finished modifying your search, click “Update results”.
- Once you have found content that may interest you, clicking it either takes you to the editor for that item (if you own it) or to a preview of the content if it is owned by another group.
- Find the content to copy and check the checkbox next to their titles.
- Click “Link to checked items” to make copies of the content that link to the original (owned by another group) or click “make your own copy” to copy the content in its entirety and have full control over future revisions to it.
The items you chose will be copied to your own library, as hidden. Any related content associated with the item will still be linked to your copy, even if you do not own it.