Please check docs.livewhale.com for the most up-to-date LiveWhale CMS and LiveWhale Calendar documentation. The below legacy documentation will remain available as a reference until the documentation migration is complete.
- From the LiveWhale interface, click the Blurbs tab.
- The manage blurbs screen will list all blurb types in your group, along with the total number of blurbs you have of that type.
- Click a blurb type to view a list of blurbs
- Click the Add a new blurb to add a new blurb item.
- A checkbox allowing you to select multiple blurbs and perform bulk actions from the With checked items… drop-down menu. Available actions include: delete, remove tags, remove balloons, move to archive, add star, remove star, share, unshare, set status, and add tag. Check the checkbox next to the blurb(s) to apply an action to, then select the desired action from this menu and click the Go button. Use the “select all” link to select all items in the list.
- Star. Click on the star to flag the blurb as important. These items can optionally be highlighted on your web page, or you may choose to only display starred blurbs with your widget.
- The status menu. Change the status of blurbs by selecting the appropriate status here. “Live” will publish the item immediately, “Hidden” will hide the item from your web site until you are ready to publish it.
- The blurb’s title. Click the blurb title to edit the blurb.
- If the blurb is tagged, a list of these tags will appear beside it. Clicking a tag will tell the blurbs manager to only show blurbs with that tag.
- Beneath the blurb is a summary of its contents along with its date.
- Use the preview link to preview this item as it will appear on the public web site.
- Balloons allow you to rank your blurbs according to their importance. The more balloons, the higher the blurb appears in blurb lists on your web site. Click the gray balloon to add more, and click on the red balloons to drop them back down in the list. When an item reaches the maximum ten balloons, it will become a gold balloon.