Once a page has been created from a particular template, it is possible to change the template at a later time. Content inside editable regions will be preserved, but the outer content of that page will be switched to the new template’s content.
In order to perform this change, you must be logged in as a user authorized for page creation and deletion.
- From the LiveWhale interface, click the “Pages” tab. (If the Pages tab does not appear, the administrator has not assigned page editing permissions to you.)
- If the page you’re looking for is in a navigation, click its title to view the page details screen. Otherwise, click the “File Browser” submenu, navigate to the page’s directory, and then click the name of the page.
- On the page details screen, find the section “Template information” on the righthand side. If this page is currently using a template, it will be listed here. To change the currently used template, click the “Choose a different template…” link. Select the desired template from the template chooser.
- If the newly chosen template does not define the same editable regions as the current one does, you will be asked to map content from the first template’s editable regions to the second. Use the supplied drop-down menus to do this.
- To preview your content in the new template, click “Preview these changes”.
- Click “Save these changes”.