To create a new page, an administrator must first assign page and directory creation permissions to you.
There are two ways to create a new page.
- From the LiveWhale interface, click the Pages tab.
- Click Add a top-level page or link or Add sub-link.
- Click create a new page.
- Fill out the form to create a new page.
- Provide a page title. This is required.
- You may change the page path
- Creating new web pages in LiveWhale requires the existence of templates to use as the basis for new page. Under Choose a template, select the template you wish to use for your new page.
- Set optional description and keywords for the page. This will be added as a meta tag to the web page for improved indexing in search engines.
- Click Create this page. The new page will be added to your navigation automatically.
- From the LiveWhale interface, find the File Browser in Superpowers. (If this superpower is not available, the administrator has not assigned it to you.)
- Click on File Browser menu item. You will see a file system browser allowing you to navigate to the directory in which your new page should live.
- Once you’re in the directory where your new page should be, click the Add a new page here button. (If the button does not exist, an administrator has not assigned page creation permissions to you.)
- On the Add Page screen, fill out the form to create a new page. Provide all the information noted above and you may additional specify:
- If you wish to receive a notification when this page is edited, check the box labeled Subscribe to notifications about changes to this page.
- If you want LiveWhale to periodically send editors a reminder to update this page, check the checkbox labeled Send editors a reminder to update this page. Choose the schedule option to be notified to update this page’s content from the drop-down select (weekly, monthly, yearly). After choosing a schedule option, choose the date to count from (for example, monthly from this Monday), as well as the users who should be notified. You may either choose all editors for this page to have the notification sent to all editors with access, or choose “an e-mail address” to specify a specific e-mail address to send to.
- To save the new page and return to the LiveWhale interface, click Save these changes. If you wish to edit your page right away, click Save and view page.